Penelope Reed to speak at webinar for Buckles Solicitors
Penelope Reed will be speaking at a webinar hosted by Buckles Solicitors titled – Anglo-French Estates: How to avoid problems and overcome challenges.
This webinar will take place on Friday 10th December 2021 at 12 noon. This webinar is free but you will need to register to attend. To register please click here.
This webinar will be presented using a case study and common scenarios will consider:
- What are French connections?
- Domicile & Habitual Residence – UK & French rules on applicable law.
- French “forced heirship” rules.
- August 2021 French law impacting estate planning & administration.
- Inheritance Tax & Anglo-French double tax treaty.
- Accepting & selling French/foreign property on behalf of a child.
By booking on this webinar you will learn:
- How to structure an Anglo-French estate to minimise French Inheritance Tax & avoid potential claims under French law.
- Understand the possible consequences of a badly planned Anglo-French estate, for you and your client.
- Recognition of the important steps to take when accepting/selling French/foreign assets on behalf of minor beneficiaries.
- Tactics to avoid common mistakes related to Anglo-French estates.