Penelope Reed QC speaking at UCL Private Law Group Seminar with Prof Ben Macfarlane and Prof Charles Mitchell
This seminar, organised jointly by the UCL Private Law Group and 5 Stone Buildings, will discuss important developments in several areas of land law and trusts. This seminar on Current Issues in Land Law and Trusts wil be at 6pm on 22 November 2016 and held at the Pearson G22 Lecture Theatre, University College London.
Topics to be covered at the seminar include:
- the informal acquisition of rights in land (e.g. Ely v Robson  EWCA Civ 774; Davies v Davies  EWCA Civ 463; Barnes v Phillips  EWCA Civ 1056)
- priority disputes and subrogation (e.g. AIB Group v Turner  EWHC 3994 (Ch), Wishart v Credit & Mercantile  EWCA Civ 655; Bank of Cyprus v Menelaou  UKSC 66)
- solicitors’ liability in relation to fraudulent conveyances (e.g. Purrunsing v A’Court & Co  EWHC 789 (Ch))
- the operation of s 62 of the Law of Property Act 1925 in relation to easements (Wood v Waddington  EWCA Civ 538)
- tracing rules and claims against remote recipients (e.g. Federal Republic of Brazil v Durant International Corp  3 WLR 599)
- the new approach to illegality and its relevance to trusts (e.g. Patel v Mirza  UKSC 42 and its impact on Tinsley v Milligan  1 AC 340).